Proportunity helps home buyers, who don’t have the bank of mum and dad to fall back on, to afford their ideal home. We are a lender offering mortgage boosting loans over and above the value of a main mortgage, so borrowers have a bigger home buying budget. We only lend money against properties which we have identified through our Proportunity data algorithm as being fair- or under-valued. This gives us, and you, confidence in the investment we are making together. Here we outline the top 10 areas to buy in Manchester and the surrounding areas.
- Greater Manchester is similar to London in many ways in terms of urbanisation
- Home 2.8 million people
- We’re considering the entire Greater Manchester area for this analysis
- This included the commuter areas like Wilmslow and Stockport
Hidden gems in Greater Manchester
- Areas with most potential is mostly in the outskirts of city of Manchester
- We see that the top areas are found in clusters
How are areas ranked?
This is exactly as we did for Birmingham. I repeat the words below:
Areas are ranked according to their potential.
The one important thing to note is that the areas are clustered together as opposed to the one we saw in London. So we have introduced a new convention of naming the cluster as the wider-area.
What are the ranks?
One thing we see is that it is very hard to find undervalued properties in the current market conditions. So for most areas we see properties being fair valued or just above.
- Old Trafford
- Cheetham Hill
- Cheadle Hulme
Why Old Trafford?
- New 750 home development approved
- Trafford Civic Quarter project under consultation: 4000 new homes
- Gentrification from pricy Chorlton catching up to Old Trafford
- One of the most affordable part of the city
- Cycling distance to city centre
In the press